Not to scare you or anything, but we’re on the final stretch to the end of the year. From Thanksgiving preparations to Christmas Markets, the traditions and events in our calendars give us pause to reflect on the year and where we want to go next.
So, however you feel about this year – whether you’re excited for it to end or sad to see it go, now is certainly the time to think carefully about where you want to go in 2020. Whether that’s a new career, or simply a commitment to just trying out new technologies, there’s a lot to be said for getting a head start on your New Year’s Resolutions.
So, take a look at what’s new for November in the Packt Library. We’re pretty sure you’ll find something you’ll like…
The resurgence of C++ is, in part, a response to the growing need to unlock more power from hardware. You can see this particularly in fields like deep learning (TensorFlow is written in C++), but it’s importance is far more wide-ranging. With C++ Data Structures and Algorithm Design Principles, you’ll get a much closer and comprehensive look at the thinking behind the language so you can better understand how it works in depth. Whether you’re planning to use C++ or just want to expand your skills, you could do much worse than this book which takes you deeper into the fundamentals of software engineering.
There are many things that make Slack great – one of them is the massive range of applications you can integrate into your channel to be more productive or, perhaps, to make work a little more bearable. Now you can build your own using React, Redux and Firebase in Build a Slack Chat App with React, Redux, and Firebase. It’s a great way, we think, to learn a lightweight but increasingly popular development stack.
- Advanced C++
- arc42 by Example
- Build a Slack Chat App with React, Redux, and Firebase
- C++ Data Structures and Algorithm Design Principles
- C++ Standard Template Library in Practice
- Extreme C
- Fundamentals of Java with NetBeans
- Hands-On Microservices with Go
- Hands-On Parallel Programming with C# 8 and .NET Core 3.0
- Learn Application Development with Spring 5
- Learn Odoo – Fourth Edition
- Learning CUDA 10 Programming
- Learning Java using JShell
- Mastering Kotlin
- Programming in C#: Exam 70-483 (MCSD) Guide
- Python A-Z – Learn Python Programming By Building 5 Projects
- Python GUI Programming Cookbook – Third Edition
- Rust Programming Cookbook
- Rust Programming Recipes
- Testing Vue.js Components with Jest
- The Complete Apache Groovy Developer Course
- The Complete Guide to Designing a Mobile App
- The Java Workshop
- The PHP Workshop
- The Ruby Workshop
- Vue.js: Build a Full Stack App with Firebase, Vuex and Router
If you’re looking for React content this month, you’re in luck:
…While elsewhere, we have another React video course in the form of Full-Stack React, Python, and GraphQL. We’ve seen a lot of love for GraphQL in 2019 – this is a great place to find out how to integrate it into your toolchain.
- Advance SEO: Learn Premium SEO Tools to Rank High On Google
- Awesome Apps with React Hooks and Firebase
- Beginner HTML and CSS: Build your own personal blog!
- Blazing-Fast Vue and GraphQL with Gridsome
- Build a News Feed with Nuxt 2 and Firestore
- Build a Realtime App with React Hooks and GraphQL
- Build a Social Network with Flutter and Firebase
- Build an Online Store with React and GraphQL in 90 Minutes
- Building Forms with Vue.js
- Full-Stack React, Python, and GraphQL
- Hands-On Server-Side Web Development with Koa.js
- HTML and CSS for beginners: Build 3 projects from scratch
- Learn React Hooks
- MERN Stack – The Complete Guide
- Mobile E-Commerce with Flutter, Redux, and Stripe
- React Hooks
- React.js Academy for Beginners with Firebase
- Refactoring TypeScript
- The Complete React Developer Course (with Hooks and Redux)
- The Complete SEO Training Masterclass
- The Gatsby Masterclass
- Vue.js 2 Academy: Learn Vue Step by Step
The R vs. Python debate is boring now. They both have great qualities and there are plenty of reasons why you’d use one over the other. What’s ultimately important is having to curiosity and willingness to expand your skillset – that way you’ll not only be better placed to solve data analysis problems, you’ll also have a better appreciation for both languages. In Hands-On Migrating from R to Python for Data Analysis you’ll learn how to make the switch from R to Python. It’s a great practical video that makes it easy if you’re unsure how to get started.
We know Power BI is pretty awesome. But there’s a way of making it even more awesome: DAX. DAX – or Data Analysis Expressions – is a librrary of functions and operators that can be combined to build formulas in Power BI (that’s how Microsoft describes it). Find out how to use DAX to expand what you can do with Power BI in Enhancing Data Visualization Models in Power BI with DAX.
- Elasticsearch 7 Quick Start Guide
- Enhancing Data Visualization Models in Power BI with DAX
- Fundamentals of Apache Flink
- Hands-On Dynamics 365 AI for Business Insights
- Mastering pandas – Second Edition
- Migrating from R to Python for Data Analysis
- Pandas and NumPy Tips, Tricks, and Techniques
- Power BI for Business Professionals
- PyTorch 1.x Reinforcement Learning Cookbook
- R Bioinformatics Cookbook
- Reinforcement Learning Algorithms with Python
- scikit-learn Recipes
Cloud & Networking
A few years ago ‘cloud architect’ was a fairly niche job role. But today it’s one of the most important technical jobs in the modern enterprise. It’s a diverse and multifaceted job – one that not only requires a set of skills that ranges from management to technology integration, but also one in which you’re comfortable with different platforms and products. That’s why certification is so important – it’s confirms you’re knowledge and skills. Become a GCP certified Cloud Architect with our comprehensive certification guide.
- Ansible 2 for Configuration Management
- Becoming a Cloud Expert – Microsoft Azure IaaS – Level 1
- Becoming a Cloud Expert – Microsoft Azure IaaS – Level 2
- Becoming a Cloud Expert – Microsoft Azure IaaS – Level 3
- Containers for Microservices: Kubernetes and Docker Recipes
- Getting Started with Cloud Computing – Level 1
- Learning DevOps
- Professional Cloud Architect – Google Cloud Certification Guide
- Securing Windows Server 2019
- Security+ Practice Tests
- Windows Server 2019 Administration Fundamentals – Second Edition
Business & Soft Skills
AutoDesk Revit is a hugely popular CAD tool that’s used by professionals from across the worlds of engineering and design. Find out how to get started with AutoDesk Revit: Beginner to an Intermediate Level.
Banish bad textures and give your 3D design skills a boost with this practical guide. Improve the quality of your renders, and find out how to create a photorealistic version of just about any substance with The Secrets to Photorealism: The PBR/Blender 2.8 Workflow.
- Autodesk Revit – beginner to an intermediate level
- The Secrets to Photorealism: The PBR/Blender 2.8 Workflow
Security, Mobile, Game Development & Hardware/IoT
We’ve got one more intriguing C++ title this month that we think you’ll love: this one’s a little more hands on and helps you to explore the language from a game development perspective. Whether you’re a game developer or not, read Beginning C++ Game Programming to see how the language actually works.
It’s no secret that Python can do a lot of stuff. One of these things is hacking – and, if you already know a bit of Python our Learn Python and Ethical Hacking from Scratch is a nice way to learn some cutting edge security skills. And if you don’t know Python, it’s a really good way to get a unique perspective on a fast-growing and wildly popular programming language.
- Learn Python and Ethical Hacking from Scratch
- Metasploit Penetration Testing Recipes
- Python 3 For Offensive PenTest: A Complete Practical Course
- C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0 – Modern Cross-Platform Development – Fourth Edition
- Flutter Tips, Tricks, and Techniques
- iOS 12 Chat Application like WhatsApp and Viber
- Beginning C++ Game Programming – Second Edition
- Hands-On Shaders and Effects in Unity 2019
- Learning Python by Building Games
- Crazy about Arduino: Your End-to-End Workshop – Level 1
- Crazy about Arduino: Your End-to-End Workshop – Level 2
- Crazy about Arduino: Your End-to-End Workshop – Level 3
- Hands-On Internet of Things with MQTT