Dozens of new books and videos have been added to Packt subscription this March – perfect for you to power ahead with your learning this spring. Whether it’s that new tool you need to master, or a new technique to help to finish your project by its deadline, Packt subscription has what you need.
Here’s what’s new for March.
Widely-hailed as the future of web app infrastructure, microservices promise you are more reliable and more scalable backend. But building a real-world solution with microservices architecture often takes more work than is initially apparent. That’s why Hands-on Microservices with TypeScript 3 lays out the building blocks of mircoservices, step-by-step. Through building a My Music app, you’ll learn everything you need to know about building microservices with Node and TypeScript 3.
Want to write better code? Go hands-on with the data structures and algorithms that underpin the best Kotlin. Hands-On Data Structures and Algorithms with Kotlin starts with the basics of algorithms and data structures, helping you get to grips with the fundamentals and measure complexity. You’ll then move on to exploring the basics of functional programming while getting used to thinking recursively. Packed with plenty of examples along the way, this book will help you grasp each concept easily. In addition to this, you’ll get a clear understanding of how the data structures in Kotlin’s collection framework work internally.
Other top March titles include:
- AI for Finance [Video]
- Apache Spark in 7 Days [Video]
- API Testing with Postman [Video]
- Create React App 2 Quick Start Guide
- Creating Continuous Deployment Pipeline for Cloud Platforms [Video]
- Cross-Platform Application Development with OpenCV 4 and Qt 5 [Video]
- Data Wrangling with Python
- Getting Started with Qt 5
- Go Application Development – Tips, Tricks, and Techniques [Video]
- Hands-On Data Structures and Algorithms with Kotlin
- Hands-On Design Patterns with Delphi
- Hands-On GUI Application Development in Go [Video]
- Hands-On Microservices with TypeScript 3 [Video]
- Hands-on Python for Finance [Video]
- High-Performance Computing with Python 3.x [Video]
- Java 11 in 7 Days [Video]
- Jira 8 Essentials (Fifth Edition)
- Learning Neo4j 3.x [Video]
- Machine Learning for Algorithmic Trading Bots with Python [Video]
- Mastering Microservices with Java (Third Edition)
- Mastering Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (Second Edition)
- Mastering Node.js 12.x [Video]
- Mastering Redux [Video]
- Practical Artificial Intelligence for A/B Testing [Video]
- Programming for Data Science with R [Video]
- Spring 5.0 Projects
- Troubleshooting React.js [Video]
- Troubleshooting with Xcode [Video]
Big Data and Business Intelligence
One of the most important skills of any data wrangler is the ability to effectively present and visualise your data. Designed for beginners, Data Visualization with Python gets you working with the premier language of data for stunning visualizations. Master the full range of Python tools including NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib and Seaborne.
In TensorFlow 2.0 New Features, you will cover all of the new features that have been introduced in TensorFlow 2.0 especially the major highlight including Eager Execution and more. You will learn how to make the best use of these features and how it improves and simplifies the way you use TensorFlow.
Other new March titles include:
- Data Visualization with Python
- Distributed Deep Learning with Apache Spark [Video]
- Hands-On Blockchain Development in 7 days
- Hands-On Blockchain for Python Developers
- Hands-On Business Intelligence with Qlik Sense
- Hands-On Deep Q-Learning [Video]
- Hands-On Java Deep Learning for Computer Vision
- Hands-On Unsupervised Learning with Python
- Mastering Hadoop 3
- Mastering Tableau 2019.1 (Second Edition)
- Neural Network Projects with Python
- Neural Networks with Keras Cookbook
- Python Machine Learning By Example (Second Edition)
- SAP Business Intelligence Quick Start Guide
- TensorFlow 2.0 New Features [Video]
Want to streamline your Angular app development? Angular CLI is a command-line interface tool you can use to initialize, develop, scaffold, and maintain Angular applications. It provides you with boilerplates and therefore saves you time and effort. In Angular CLI recipes, you’ll generate an Angular application from scratch within seconds, showing you the tips, tricks, and techniques you need. You will learn all about the CLI, ranging from generating a new app to quickly adding component, directives, modules, services, guards, and other features effortlessly.
Learn to write efficient and resilient Node.js applications using industry-standard software design patterns. Node.js Design Patterns takes you through the battle-tested best practice guidelines that will help you write efficient and resilient code.
Other March releases include:
- Advanced Serverless Architectures with Microsoft Azure
- Angular CLI Recipes [Video]
- Hands-On Data Visualization with D3.js 5.0 [Video]
- Hands-On Web Development with ASP.NET Core and Angular 7 [Video]
- Learn Chart.js
- Node.js Design Patterns [Video]
- Redux Quick Start Guide
- Redux Recipes [Video]
- Troubleshooting Spring Boot 2.0 [Video]
- WordPress 5 Complete (Seventh Edition)
Virtualization and Cloud
With more enterprises adapting cloud-based and API-based solutions, application integration has become more relevant and significant than ever before. Parallelly, Serverless Integration has gained popularity, as it helps agile organizations to build integration solutions quickly without having to worry about infrastructure costs. Serverless Integration Design Patterns with Azure helps you to understand building hybrid integration solutions and touches upon Microsoft Cognitive Services and leveraging them in modern integration solutions. Industry practices and patterns are brought to light at appropriate opportunities while explaining various concepts.
DevOps with Azure is everything you need to build your software product from beginning to end. This course is a complete guide on how to implement DevOps using Microsoft Azure. You’ll learn how to plan your projects with Agile tools, manage your code using Git, and deploy your code through the best CI/CD systems.
Other March releases include:
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional – Revision Guide [Video]
- Azure Resource Manager Templates Quick Start Guide
- Building Mobile Apps with Ionic 4 [Video]
- DevOps with Azure [Video]
- Docker on Windows (Second Edition)
- Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016: Microsoft 70-740 MCSA Exam Guide
- Mastering Identity and Access Management with Microsoft Azure.
- Serverless Integration Design Patterns with Azure
- Windows Server 2019 Automation with PowerShell Cookbook,
Networking and Servers
In Implementing Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V you’ll see how to implement Hyper-V to reduce software licensing costs and free up your staff time. You’ll see how to install the Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V role and deploy virtual networks, virtual hard drives, and virtual machines. Moving on, you’ll discover the best practices for a virtual machine and virtual hard drive storage. We’ll give you detailed guidance on how to attain high performance by leveraging Hyper-V virtual network adapter features and virtual machine configuration. By the end of this course, you’ll have learned how to deploy a Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V server. You’ll deploy and configure virtual switches, virtual hard drives, and virtual machines.
With expert hackers and threats revolving around the virtual world, learning pentesting is an absolute necessity for individuals and organizations to protect their systems. If you are interested in building robust and highly-secured environments with the most advanced pentesting tools and techniques, then this course is for you! Practical Web App Pentesting with Kali Linux presents a multitude of options to scan a single or a range of IPs, ports, or hosts to discover vulnerabilities and security holes. You will also learn to scan your target, identify its server’s weaknesses, and perform various attacks to weaken the server even further.
Other March releases include:
- CompTIA Server+ Certification Guide
- Hands-On Application Penetration Testing with Burp Suite
- Hands-On Penetration Testing with Kali NetHunter
- Hands-On pfSense 2.x for Firewalls and Routers [Video]
- Implementing Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V [Video]
- Mastering Distributed Tracing
- Mastering Windows PowerShell Scripting (Third Edition)
- Practical Security Automation and Testing
- Practical Web App Pentesting with Kali Linux [Video]
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessment for Enterprises [Video]
Business, Game Development, and Hardware
The Blueprints Visual Scripting system helps you to create gameplay elements from within Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine Blueprints Visual Scripting Projects provides you with the essential foundation to learn how to build complex game mechanics quickly and easily without writing any code.
February releases include:
- Hands-On Test Management with Jira
- Robotic Process Automation for Developers [Video]
- Extended Reality (XR) – Building AR | VR | MR Projects [Video]
- Unreal Engine Blueprints Visual Scripting Projects
- Unreal Engine Virtual Reality Quick Start Guide