We hope your 2020 has started well. Whether you’ve hit the ground running or need something to kick start your year, our latest releases will help carry you out of winter and into (hopefully) brighter and longer days (apologies to our southern hemisphere readers).
Go’s popularity has gone from strength to strength over the last year or so. The reason for this is productivity: it allows engineers to do complex things quickly. You can see evidence of this in the fact that many leading CNCF projects are written in Go (Kubernetes, Docker, Jaeger…). So, while it hasn’t quite become ubiquitous, it’s certainly now a fundamental part of the engineering landscape.
Find out how to leverage it for a diverse range of software engineering tasks and challenges in Software Engineering with Golang.
It feels like we’ve been talking about ‘conversational UI’ and ‘building for voice’ for some time. Now, fortunately, there’s a practical way to build exactly those projects. In our new Hands-On Building Alexa Skills you’ll get to grips with the Alexa Skills Kit and learn how to build your own Alexa Skills from scratch.
Packed with practical projects so you can get started quickly, dive into Building Alexa Skills today.
- Advanced C++ Programming Cookbook
- Application Development with Qt Creator – Third Edition
- Hands-on Building Alexa Skills [Video]
- Hands-On Design Patterns and Best Practices with Julia
- Hands-On Software Engineering with Golang
- Modern Java Web Applications with Spring Boot 2.x [Video]
- RESTful Services with Delphi [Video]
- The Clojure Workshop
- Full Stack Development with JHipster – Second Edition
- Visual Design for Web Designers, UI Designers and Developers [Video]
The range of applications in which Python can be used is constantly expanding. But one of the most interesting is finance. Insofar as it can give analysts and forecasters a new level of control over the financial data they’re working with, it’s unsurprising to see that it has already cemented itself as a critical skill for certain roles within the industry. In Python for Finance Cookbook, you’ll find a wealth of recipes to help you solve a diverse set of challenges.
Data science – still sexy? Possibly… In-demand? Most definitely. Data Science Workshop is the latest title in our new series of interactive products that combine text, video, and assessments. If you’re interested in learning the skills needed to build a successful data science career, we suggest you start with The Data Science Workshop.
- Artificial Intelligence with Python – Second Edition
- Blockchain Development for Finance Projects
- Deep Reinforcement Learning Hands-On – Second Edition
- Exploratory Data Analysis with R [Video]
- Hands-On Business Intelligence with DAX
- Hands-On Genetic Algorithms with Python
- Python Feature Engineering Cookbook
- Python for Finance Cookbook
- Securing Your AI and Machine Learning Systems [Video]
- The Data Science Workshop
- Time Series Analysis with Python 3.x [Video]
- Hands-On Music Generation with Magenta
Cloud & Networking
If you’re working with Linux at scale – which, if you’re even a medium sized organization, you probably will be – automation is essential. Find out how to do it with Hands-On Enterprise Automation on Linux, which is packed with practical exercises to help you better manage complexity and ensure resiliency.
Networks are perhaps the fundamental aspect of software infrastructure. They hold it together. However, they are also invariably complex and unpredictable, particularly as we continue to move towards greater distribution (some might say fragmentation). In the third edition of Mastering Python Networking, you’ll learn how to develop secure, reliable, and observable software systems.
- Deploying Microsoft 365 Teamwork: Exam MS-300 Guide
- Hands-On Enterprise Automation on Linux
- Hands-On IP Subnetting [Video]
- Mastering Python Networking – Third Edition
- Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies: Exam Guide AZ-300
- Troubleshooting Kubernetes [Video]
Business & Soft Skills
PowerApps is a really neat product from Microsoft. It lets you build applications without writing a single line of code – all you need to do is point and click. Although primarily for non-programmers, we think even experienced programmers should take a look at how it works – if only to understand how software development might change over the next decade, and to start thinking about how to counter the arguments that ‘everyone’s a developer now’…
Get started with our new Business App Development in Dynamics 365 for Non-Programmers.
Security, Mobile, Game Development & Hardware/IoT
Cyber security has taken on real urgency in recent years thanks to high-profile attacks and data leaks gaining mainstream attention. But what does it all mean for professionals working in the field? Cyber Minds aims to paint a detailed picture of the state of the industry by bringing together perspectives from a range of experts in a series of industries. Dive in and find out what key figures think the future will look like.
Reinforcement learning is a really interesting emerging field within machine learning. Its diverse range of applications includes game development, where it’s being used to add new dimensions to games in terms of gameplay. To get started and learn more, we suggest you check out Hands-On Reinforcement Learning for Games.
- Hands-On Reinforcement Learning for Games
- Hands-On Android Application Components: Activities [Video]
- iOS 13 Programming for Beginners – Fourth Edition
- CompTIA Security+ Practice Tests SY0-501
- Cyber Minds
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response – Second Edition
- Metasploit Unleashed: Build Defense Against Complex Attacks [Video]