It’s August – here in the U.K, sadly, it feels distinctly Autumnal, making me wonder if it’s worth just starting hibernation now. If you’re with me and fancy getting the most from the oncoming shorter days, check out our newest titles.
This month’s top picks in data are two products that will help extend your skills in two of the most popular programming languages in the world. Hands-On Web Scraping with Python is a book that offers you practical guidance on how to collect and process data from the web, while Deep Learning with Java is a video course that provides an extensive look at how you can use Java’s pretty neat deep learning ecosystem – including tools like ND4J and DL4J – to build your own deep learning solutions.
All of August’s new Data titles:
- Advanced Data Structures and Algorithms in Python
- CCA 159: Expert in Big Data Analytics – Advance Hive & Sqoop
- Data Science with Python
- Data Statistics with Full Stack Python
- Deep Learning using OpenPose – Learn Pose Estimation Models and Build 5 AI Apps
- Deep Learning with Java
- Deep Learning with Real World Projects
- GCP: Google Cloud Platform: Data Engineer, Cloud Architect
- Hands-On Blockchain Development on Azure
- Hands-On Data Analysis with Pandas
- Hands-On Deep Learning Algorithms with Python
- Hands-On Ensemble Learning with Python
- Hands-On Financial Modeling with Microsoft Excel 2019
- Hands-On Web Scraping with Python
- Learn Apache Cassandra in Just 2 Hours
- Learn SQL and Security(pen) testing from Scratch
- Learning Kibana 7 (Second Edition)
- Linear Algebra for Data Science in Python
- Machine Learning 101 with Scikit-learn and StatsModels
- Machine Learning with Real World Projects
- Master Big Data Ingestion and Analytics with Flume, Sqoop, Hive and Spark
- Master Deep Learning with TensorFlow 2.0 in Python
- Natural Language Processing with Real World Projects
- Splunk 7 Essentials
We know Rust is well-loved. Every StackOverflow survey in recent years has shown that Rust developers are the most satisfied with their language of choice. Despite its popularity, it hasn’t seen rapid growth – however, we think the next 12 months or so are going to see the continued rise of Rust. With our Rust Projects video course you can give Rust a try yourself – or, if you’re already a convert, put your skills to the test.
The rise of Rust is all about performance. Of course, code performance has always been important, but as applications become more demanding and complex, it’s absolutely vital. Python Clean Coding video course will show you how to unlock a more powerful and performant Python that will give your applications an edge.
All of this month’s new Programming titles:
- Assembly Programming for All Platforms, Learn to Code
- Design Patterns and SOLID Principles with Java
- Git by Example
- Go Programming Cookbook (Second Edition)
- Hands-On System Programming with Go
- Jakarta EE 8 Recipes
- Java Concurrency and Multithreading in Practice
- Learn Selenium
- Python Clean Coding
- Python for Beginners with Examples
- Rust Projects
- The Complete Kotlin Developer Course
Ignore CSS at your peril – it’s one of the building blocks of the web, after all. And although it might feel like a very basic part of front end development, you can do some pretty cool stuff with it. Learn more in Level Up Your CSS Animation Skills.
All of our web development titles for August:
- Advanced TypeScript Programming Projects
- Django 2.2 and Python – The Ultimate Web Development Bootcamp
- Flask Framework Cookbook (Second Edition)
- Hands-On Microservices with Kubernetes
- Level Up Your CSS Animation Skills
- Mastering Django Part 1 – AJAX, Class Based Views, Forms
- Mastering Spring 5 (Second Edition)
- Real-World Projects with TypeScript 3
- Spring 5.0 Microservices
- Svelte.js – The Complete Guide
Cloud & Networking
Working with Windows Server requires broad knowledge and a sensitivity to many different issues – from both a technical and people perspective. In our Mastering Windows Server 2019 video course you’ll find everything you need to master the technical stuff so you can pay more attention to the needs of those around you.
It might sound like everyone’s working with Docker, but they’re not – and even if they are, it doesn’t mean they’re using it effectively. In Dockerization: Do More with Docker you’ll learn the basics of Docker and how to implement it in real-world scenarios.
All of our Cloud & Networking titles for August:
- A Complete Course on Windows Server 2016 Administration
- Advanced Serverless Architectures with Microsoft Azure
- Bash Scripting, Linux and Shell Programming Complete Guide
- CCNA Cyber Ops SECOPS – Certification Guide 210-255
- Dockerization – Do more with Docker
- Enterprise API Management
- Mastering Python Networking
- Mastering Windows Server 2019
- Professional Azure SQL Database Administration (Second Edition)
- Salesforce Certified Administrator – Revision Guide
- SDET/Test Architect Essentials – Road to Full Stack QA
Although lots of people like to learn from first principles, there’s a lot to be said for learning by doing. That’s the point of The 7 Day Android App Bootcamp. Structured so you can learn throughout a whole week (although you can take longer if you choose, of course…), you’ll create 3 different Android apps using Kotlin, Java, and Android Studio.
Swift is quietly building up a dedicated base of developers. Starting life as a language, today we’re starting to see it break free of its initial confines. We highly recommend you dip into it – With Swift 5 Programming for Beginners, you can.
Mobile titles for August:
- Hands-On Augmented Reality
- Hands-On Cross-Platform Desktop Apps with Electron 5.0
- React Native Design Patterns
- Swift 5 Programming for Beginners
- SwiftUI – Build Beautiful, Robust, Apps
- The 10 Day iPhone App Bootcamp – New iOS 12 and Xcode
- The 7 Day Android App Bootcamp – Android Pie and Kotlin
- Unity Android Game Development: Build 7 2D and 3D Games
Business and Soft Skills
Excel is the foundation of almost everyone’s professional lives. And although that might sound like a bad thing, if you’re creative you can actually do some pretty cool stuff with it. Expand your Excel knowledge and skills with our new Microsoft Excel Advanced 2019 video.
Microsoft Project is a surprisingly powerful and easy to use productivity tool from Microsoft. Want to find out how it works? Get started with Microsoft Project Beginners 2019.
Business and Soft Skill titles for August:
- Careers in Programming: How to Get a Great Coding Job (2019)
- Learn Animation Production with Blender
- Microsoft Excel Advanced 2019
- Microsoft Excel Beginners 2019
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate 2016
- Microsoft OneNote 2016
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft Project Advanced 2019
- Microsoft Project Beginners 2019
- Microsoft Word 2016
- The BDD Books – Discovery
What can you accomplish in an hour? We think you could build a game. Don’t believe us – try Game Development with Unity and C# – Build a 2D Target Shooting Game in One Hour…
…And once you’ve done that, put your Unity and C# skills to the test again by building a ‘Save the Bunny’ game with Game Development with Unity and C# – Save the Bunny.
Game Development titles for August:
- Game Development with Unity and C# – Build a 2D Target Shooting Game in One Hour
- Game Development with Unity and C# – Build a 3D Endless Game with Unity
- Game Development with Unity and C# – Build a Santa Run Game
- Game Development with Unity and C# – Monster Eats Candy
- Game Development with Unity and C# – Save the Bunny
- Unity C# Scripting: Complete C# for Unity Game Development
Security, IoT and Hardware
Pentesting is an important element in the modern cybersecurity toolkit. With a range of tools to use and techniques to master, our Improving Your Penetrating Testing Skills Learning Path is a comprehensive and extensive route through the topic.
It’s easy to be complacent when it comes to security – I mean, why else do we see so many breaches? Test the security of your application with this guide that will show you how to put black hat hacking tactics to good use: Hacking AngularJS Applications.
Security, IoT and Hardware titles for August:
- Digital Forensics Using Kali Linux
- Hacking AngularJS Applications
- Improving your Penetration Testing Skills
- Hands-On Embedded Programming with QT